3 Days Murchinson Falls National Park Safari Tour
Day 1: Kampala to Murchinson Falls
Meet & greet at your Kampala accommodation at 0630hrs then depart for the scenic drive to Murchison Falls with a visit to the Rhino sanctuary & lunch break at Masindi. Drop luggage at the lodge and proceed for an afternoon game-drive. Dinner & overnight at your lodge.
Day 2: Murchinson Falls
On your early morning game drive you may see elephant, lion, buffalo, giraffe, hartebeest and more. After lunch proceed for a boat trip on the placid Victoria Nile upstream to the base of the Falls. En route you will see hippo, crocodiles water buck and a wide variety of birds like the unusual shoebill stork. The boat stops just tens of meters from the “Devil’s Cauldron”. Take pictures of the majestic Murchison Falls. Disembark from the boat and take a hike to the top of the Falls where you can see the Nile’s beauty. Marvel at the Nile, compressing from 50 meters to squeeze through a 6-metre canyon dropping 40 meters with a thunderous roar creating a beautiful rainbow, a plume of spray and the best thing that happened to the Nile…”the Murchison Falls”.
Day 3: Murchinson Falls – Kampala
Enjoy a forest walk in Pabidi Forest. Primates residing in this forest include l’hoestes, red colobus, blues, red tailed monkeys and grey cheeked mangabeys. The guide will provide detailed explanations, not only about primates, but also on all the forest flora and fauna. This walk is excellent for bird watching and for seeing primates at close quarters. After a picnic lunch, return to Kampala arriving late afternoon. Drop-off at your hotel in Kampala.
Safari Price Includes
- Accommodation for 2 nights at your preferred facility plus meals
- Ground transport throughout safari
- Park Entrance fees
- Boat ride to the bottom of the Falls
- Visit to the Top of the Falls
- Rhino Sanctuary
- Two game drives on the North Bank
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
Safari Price Excludes
- Accommodation in Kampala – can be arranged on request
- Meals if budget option is taken
- All beverages, tips and souvenirs
- All items of a personal nature not mentioned
- Any deviation from the above presented safari program
- All personal insurance covers